Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dear Peanut

Dear Peanut,

I had some time to kill today so I went and bought you The Complete Tales of Peter Rabbit. Your mother thought it would go well with the room we have waiting for you. I got the complete tales because, as you will learn, your father doesn't like to have gaps in a collection. God help us if you inherit that gene.



Now, I want you to know that I don't expect you to be able to read this at first but I want you to be able to think back at all the times you and I sat down and went on adventures with Jemima Puddle-Duck or Benjamin Bunny.

I can't wait to hear the words "Dad, read me a story".

Love,

Your Father

6 comments:

Erin said...

If I teared up slightly at your last line, I can only imagine what Diana's tear ducts did.

Jen and Mike said...

It was very sweet. Great book as well.

Addy's Daddy said...

You're becoming a real sap, you know.

Trinity said...

I think you mean sappy. And I have always been that, just not to a turd burgler like you.

Addy's Daddy said...

No, I did not mean sappy, because "You're becoming a real sappy" doesn't make sense unless I am talking about some kind of tree!

Signed,
Turd Burgler

Trinity said...

Well clearly if you can't even figure out which word to use, sentence structure would go right out the window.