Monday, October 11, 2010

Changes

I really can't believe how much Gracie has changed in just one week! We were looking at all our photos the other day (which are uploaded on our picasa site), and she already looks so different!

We took Gracie for her first doctor's appointment last Friday, and she did great! She has regained her birth weight in just one week and grown almost an inch! The doctor checked all her reflexes and thought she was doing great. Because she's regained her birth weight, we can let Gracie sleep through the night. For now she continues to wake up for every feeding, but we are hopeful that within a month she'll be sleeping six hours at night.

This weekend we saw Gracie smile for the first time! It was while she was half-asleep, but it was very exciting to see her precious grin. The next evening, I was kissing Gracie on the forehead as we tried to get her to fall asleep, and she grinned each time I kissed her. Now we're just waiting for an open-eyed smile!

Thankfully Gracie is still a great baby! From the first time I fed her, she's been good at latching on for feedings. And she seems to be content with her 3 hour feeding schedule, which gives me time to rest or visit with friends and family in between feedings.

Gracie also got to listen to her first ever Texas Tech Red Raider football game on Saturday! I think she brought the Red Raiders good luck with her adorable Tech outfit, which she will hopefully grow into by the end of the season! It's a little big at this point, but we had to deck her out in her Tech gear for a family picture. A big thanks for Anna for the cute onesie and skirt!

Mimi (my mom) was with us for the first week of Gracie's life, which was a huge help. And I'm so glad that Gracie got some one-on-one time with Mimi. My brother and Megan have also been over to visit several times. Trinity's parents and sister and my dad and Linda also came down for parts of the week, so she's met all of our immediate family. Now that they are gone, we're looking forward to week alone with Gracie, especially knowing we have several friends that plan to visit over the next few weeks. I can't say thank you enough to all our friends and family who continue to provide us with meals and visits! We love you!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love her little smile!! AND I love the Tech cuteness - she might be just the good luck charm this team needs.