We now know who you are and it was a surprise I wasn't expecting. You will hear this as you grow older, I thought you would come out a boy. When the doctor held you up and I saw you, I stopped. This was not what I was expecting. Now I can't imagine you any other way. I am going to guess this was just the first of many times you will be something I wouldn't expect and I can't wait to see the woman you will become.
It is an amazing feeling to have you rest your head over my heart. To have you sleep so peacefully on my chest. It has been two weeks and you are already a totally different girl. You can hold your head up, you are starting to open your eyes more, and I am pretty sure you have completely taken over our lives.
You have an amazing mother. You may only think of her as a vending machine right now but she is taking such great care of you and making my job easy. I guess we are becoming your parents because we have begun referring to each other as 'Mom' and 'Dad'. Wasn't really expecting that change.
I hope you keep your cool blue eyes. They are the part of me that passed on to you, the part I hoped you could take from me. You may get cursed with my nose or your mom's skin but I think if you keep those blue eyes you will be able to mesmerize anyone you want. You have already started practicing with me.
Love,
Your Father
We're all still here!
11 years ago
3 comments:
I'm glad you are using the Mom and Dad names for each other. If I recall right, I think you made some jokes about Jessica and I doing that....
We did. Because it is lame. Just because we are doing it doesn't mean it is any less lame. And we have not called each other that when not in the presence of the baby. You guys did it when Addy wasn't even around.
Please keep writing letters to Gracie for the rest of her life. I love them and know she will, too.
Post a Comment