Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Halloween!

After our attempts to attend Autumn at the Arboretum were thwarted two weekends ago because of the torrential downpour, Trinity and I decided to take Grace to the Arboretum on Halloween day. It was a great day to go because they had trick-or-treating for the kids, so we got to see lots of kids (and some parents) dressed up in costumes. Since Grace was only a month old, we didn't want to spend the money on a costume, but we did find this great jack-o-lantern t-shirt and matching socks in the $1 bin at Target.
I realize that she is not buckled into her car seat in this picture. Please do not call CPS. I promise that this picture was NOT taken in the car! There were so many photo opportunities at the Arboretum that we just left her unbuckled as we strolled around...she tends to fuss quite a bit when we buckle her in, and I didn't want a crying baby in all the pictures.
Uncle Steven and Aunt Megan joined us (and Uncle Steven even got us all in for free - thanks Uncle!), and we took lots of pictures, most of which are on Aunt Megan's camera. Here are two cute ones that we have on our camera.
Family shot

Trinity came up with this great idea... I love it!

The Arboretum is truly a beautiful place, and it was definitely all decked out for autumn. There were over 40,000 pumpkins throughout the gardens and even a little village made of pumpkins. We even had time for a stop at the Oktoberfest Garten, where Trinity enjoyed a Spaten Oktoberfest beer. The whole event was a lot of fun, and I hope that it becomes a new Vaughn family tradition each year.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So cute! I love Gracie's pumpkin gear, especially when she's in the middle of the pumpkins - adorable!

Anonymous said...

Her laying in the pumkin patch I think is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Ever.