Being a parent can be very rewarding, I knew that going in. When your mother and I started planning to have a baby we knew there would be firsts that would make us so in awe of life. I am still waiting for your first steps, your first word and your first heartbreak but until then I have been stopped dead by a single sound you make. The "Oohhhhh".
I wish I knew what you were thinking. You smile and you chatter on to us but I hear the "oohhhh" from the other room and I just stop and smile. There is such a jubilation in the tone of it. I like to think you are discovering something for the first time and it is amazing you. Simple things like sunlight on the wall or the way the mantle now has a nutcracker on it. All of these are new to you and it makes me smile to think that we get to appreciate the simplest things through your "oohhhh".
I dread the moment that these things start to become standard for you. Your mom and I will do our best to keep exposing you to new things that will make you in awe of the world as much as we have been in awe of you.
Love,
Your Father
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment