Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Milestone

Grace has started to enjoy playing with the dogs, which really means Gracie grabs at their face and fur. Thankfully Duncan and Hazel have been very good with her, and they usually will let her grab at them without much notice. Once she has bothered them enough, they just run off, and she watches them from across the room!

This past Saturday, Gracie and Duncan were laying on the floor together, and I moved Grace to her tummy. She is not a huge fan of tummy time, but I thought she might be happier if she could look up and see Duncan. She immediately lifted herself up on her arms and turned her body to be able to see Duncan better. In the process, she flipped herself onto her back! I yelled, "Yay!" and started clapping, which brought a huge smile to Gracie's face. I think I would have jumped up and down if I hadn't been sitting on the floor with her.

That might seem like a drastic reaction, but we've been impatiently waiting for Grace to roll over. At Grace's 2 month appointment, our doctor mentioned that she'd probably be rolling by her next appointment, which was at 4 months. But her 4 month appointment came and went with no progress toward rolling over. It seems like Gracie has been ahead of her age for every other developmental milestone, so I was actually starting to get a little worried! We were putting her on her tummy a lot, tempting her to reach for toys just out of her grasp, and flipping her over ourselves to show her it could be done. None of it seemed to work, which I guess goes to show that we just need to be patient and she will do things when she is good and ready.

Already a stubborn little girl!

No comments: