This past weekend we took Gracie for her first photo shoot. I found a great deal on Living Social that gave us a photo shoot and 5 photo sheets at The Picture People for only $18. I'd heard good things about them, so I figured it was worth the money, even if the pictures didn't turn out great. Gracie has had a bad case of allergies the last few weeks, so she hasn't been quite her normal self. She's still been relatively happy, but her eyes and nose have been goopy. So, I was a little worried about the photo session. We got to the mall right at our appointment time on Sunday, but the place was packed so we waited about 10 minutes. I had two outfits for Grace to wear. During the first wardrobe, we got a few cute shots of her, but then the shoot went south when we put her on her stomoach for some pictures. She is NOT a fan of being on her stomach unless she has lots of toys or other babies to distract her. After about two pictures, she started to get fussy. And it just got worse...and worse...and worse. Trinity wanted to take her for a short break outside the photo room, but the photographer warned us that we were only supposed to have 20 minutes. She was nice enough to offer for us to schedule a make-up session during the week, but we were concerned about making out to Frisco on a weeknight. We decided to cut our losses and left.
I was very disappointed because the second outfit was the one I wanted the most. I still don't know why I didn't start with that one to begin with! Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson on that one! I just kept thinking about it on Monday and decided that I'd call to see what availability they had that evening. I was in luck! They had a 7pm, which gave me plenty of time to pick Grace up, stop by the house to feed the dogs, drive to Frisco, and nurse Gracie beforehand. I think nursing her right before her pictures was the best idea because she did GREAT! She was all smiles for the camera and chatted away with everyone in the place! Whew! And our photographer was wonderful. She had all kinds of great ideas. All of the pictures were so fantastic that it was really hard to choose, but my $18 steal only allowed one pose. Of course I absolutely loved two poses, so I paid another $18 to get another sheet of the second pose.


Totally worth every penny! Look at her cute grin!!! She loved playing with those pearls. Watch out, Daddy... this girl's got sophisticated taste!
6 comments:
Such a happy Gracie!! Can I have a picture for my fridge? =)
Oh, and I hope that father of hers is ready to shell out some bucks for her very own strand of pearls.
Real ones.
Soooo cute! I bought the same deal from Picture People and can't wait to use it.
These are great! Glad it all worked out!
Erin - of course you can have one for the fridge!
Megan - Thanks for letting us borrow the necklace. It was perfect! And we have copies for you as well. :)
Too cute. I'm glad you got to go back. They turned out really well.
Post a Comment