Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Broke.My.Heart

I knew this day would come, but I was definitely not prepared for it...

The door to Gracie's daycare room has a large window, so after telling her I love her and kissing her goodbye, I always wave through the glass on my way out the door. She usually just smiles at me and then looks away to play with her friends. But today she waved goodbye to me and then burst into tears as soon as I stepped away from the window. I had to muster all my strength not to peak back through the window. I know that Miss Silvia will calm her down quickly... but it doesn't make it any easier.

2 comments:

Lena said...

nice blog;)

M said...

Oh, just wait. It gets worse. Wait until she's 3 and insists that you leave immediately - like she's too cool to know you.

Obviously, I've never experienced that myself, but I've heard...