This past week Gracie and I took a Mom and Tot swim lesson. We enrolled with our friends Dan, Leann, and Madison. I was really excited to get Grace in the water from an early age to make sure that she loves the pool as much as I do!

Being a Mom and Tot class, the lessons were short (only 30 minutes) and mostly consisted of singing and splashing in the water. We sang The Wheels on the Bus and Ring Around the Rosy, as well as some other pool/tub songs I'd never heard before. Gracie enjoyed splashing around while we circled the pool and sang.

The only thing Grace didn't seem to care for was laying on her back. Every time her head hit the water, she'd jerk back up into a sitting position. After a few tries, I decided to keep her on her tummy when the other kids went on their backs.

My favorite part of the class was getting Gracie on her stomach and trying to get her to kick. The lifeguards would come up behind her and tickle her feet, and before long she had the kicking down! And a few times she even extended her arms to paddle... I know, she's a genius. What can I say, other than good genes. :)
Trinity missed the first few days of lessons because he was out of town, but he met us at the pool on Thursday and took some great action shots, which you can see on our Picasa site! I was so glad he got to see our little fish in the water!
2 comments:
This is too cute and fun!! Also, Diana - I'm guessing you were one of the best looking moms at class...is that a BIKINI I see?!?
Way to go, Gracie!
Post a Comment