Wow, this summer sure has flown by, and it sure has been a hot one! We are on day 30 or 31 of 100+ temperatures, so it's been too hot to spend much time outdoors with Grace. We have, however, spent a morning in a baby pool our friends were kind enough to let us borrow. We just hook it up to the water hose, and it's like a mini-waterpark for babies! Hopefully we'll get some more use out of it throughout the rest of the summer because Gracie loved it!

Unfortunately, the hot weather made our trip to Rahr & Sons almost unbearable! We scheduled a trip to the unairconditioned Fort Worth brewery with Erin and Craig a month in advance (I know, crazy that our schedules did not accomodate a trip for an entire month), so we had no idea the weather was going to be quite so hot. But it was good to catch up with them while drinking three good beers in a keepsake glass for a cheap $7 entry fee!

We knew we were in FW when we saw this man...

The last week of July was my 29th birthday, and Trinity made it a special one! He took me to eat at Fearing's for a wonderful meal complete with a bottle of wine and scrumptious desserts! I've been wanting to go for quite a while, so it was good to celebrate a special occassion there! Trinity had to leave town on my birthday, so he ordered flowers and had them delivered to Grace's daycare. So when I went to pick her up that evening, I had beautiful flowers to take home along with my beautiful daughter! Her teachers also put together a birthday card from Grace, which was so sweet of them! We met Steven and Megan for dinner that night. It was one of the best birthdays I've had in a while!

Grace and I ended the month of July with a trip to Houston to visit Trinity. He's been working there a lot lately, so we decided to take advantage of the free hotel room for a weekend getaway. Grace did great in the car both to and from Houston! I was a little worried, as we haven't been on a roadtrip with her since Christmas when she was only 3 months old, and I would be solo on this trip. But I shouldn't have worried. She slept the entire trip, except for the stop at Buckee's to buy Daddy some beef jerky!
We split Saturday with Anna and her family and then my aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was so fun to see how much Ellie and Lexa have grown, and Gracie was very interested in watching them play! She loves, loves, loves to watch other children. I don't blame her; they are very entertaining! It was also great to catch up with my family. We were supposed to watch Hayden play baseball, but his tournament was canceled due to a flooded field, so we just hung out their house and then went to dinner instead. They are always so much fun to hang out with, so I was glad we were able to spend some quality time with them too!

Sunday Trinity, Gracie, and I met two of his coworkers from brunch and then headed to the Waterwall, which is a 64 foot waterfall right next to the Galleria. I had seen pictures of the wall from Jessica's trip to Houston but had forgotten about it until Anna mentioned it to me on Saturday. Our hotel was just down the road, so it was a convenient place to go! I'm not sure Grace knew what was going on, but it was fun to get some pictures; one of which is my new favorite picture of the three of us!

No comments:
Post a Comment