Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

We took Gracie to visit Santa at The Galleria this weekend. We tried to beat the lines and arrived 15 minutes before Santa's arrival, but there was already a line of about 15 families. So, Trinity and I took turns standing in line while the other chased Grace in the Santa area, which kept her happy while we waited our turn. There was a cute little girl Grace's age in front of us, and she started screaming as her dad put her in Santa's lap. Poor girl cried while everyone in line laughed at her. I wasn't too worried about Grace crying, but I wasn't prepared for the reaction we did get:I'm not sure if it was all the attention or just the teething, but she wouldn't smile or take her fingers out of her mouth! And Santa was so sweet... he kept trying to sing and talk to her while Trinity and I stood in the background trying to distract her. But no amount of bribing with food or pulling her arms down would keep those fingers out of her mouth!

No comments: