I mentioned before that I started a journal about our baby stuff before we had told anyone. I planned on bringing some of those entries into this blog after we announced so I thought it fitting to post this.
January 26, 2010
I'm going to be a Father!!! Holy Shit! The test came in with a nice blue '+' on it and we have been giddy with excitement.
Diana didn't want to take the test tonight. She tried to insist on taking it before going to work but I argued with her until she relented. At 9:45 pm she took a ClearBlue pregnancy test and peed.
She told me not to watch but I refused and it made her laugh. She was trying to hold the pee in until she had the test in position and laughter didn't help.
Within seconds of the test getting wet we were already seeing a light blue cross. Diana cupped her mouth with her free had and I knew. I asked, "Is it positive?" and she just nodded.
I can't believe it happened so fast. Three tries in three days and it took. I thought it wouldn't take long but I didn't expect it his fast. It doesn't seem real.
Needless to say, that night was pretty cool. We were in the euphoric stages of finding out. After laying in bed for an hour talking in awe, I pointed out to Diana that if we had waited til the next morning to test she would have had to take all of the excitement and bottle it down since she would have had to go straight to work.
The only disappointing thing about the night was the realization that I didn't get the gobs of sex I had expected to get in all the trying.
Your father to be,
Trinity
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago
2 comments:
What an amazing day! I will never, ever forget the feelings I had as that little blue plus sign appeared...
I actually got a little choked up when I read this post :) I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel, but I bet it's wonderful. You're very lucky, and I can't think of a couple who deserve it more.
Enjoy every moment.
Ps: I'm dying to comment on the "gobs of sex" phrase ... but I won't spoil it.
Post a Comment