In keeping our news a secret all these weeks I started writing in a journal to keep track of the feelings that I had. I plan on transcribing those in at a later date to share with everyone. I made a promise to myself that I would be as involved as possible without letting the pregnancy rule my life. Some fathers are too lax in their involvement during the 10 months that it takes for sperm and egg to become child. Others get a little too involved and go over the top with books, classes, gizmos and gadgets. I am trying to find a middle of the road.
One thing that is helping with that is this book. You: Having A Baby has really helped me learn about how one night of bumping and grinding is turning into my pride and joy. The reason I think I like it so much is that it is simple. It includes illustrations that are not clinical, but instead are easy to understand, it gives an abundance of information without being to technical, and it is kind of fun to read.
I am learning more than just baby stuff too. I now know I have been predisposed to being overweight due to the size of baby I was, I always just assumed it was my love of bad foods. Alright, it is my love of bad foods but there is research that supports that while in the womb I was overindulging and that really can't be something that was my fault since I didn't even know what was going on at the time.
I have also learned a lot about the changes my wife is going through. I looked at her this morning while we were getting ready and knew why her tic-tacs now look more like tums. I also made a promise to myself to never make fun of how tired she is because now I know why. If she wants a nap, by gosh, she is getting a nap. My baby needs it.
I can't imagine what the next 24 weeks are going to be like, partly because I haven't gotten that far in the book. I can say, I look forward to them though.
Your father to be,
Trinity
No comments:
Post a Comment