Diana and I were laying in bed last night and she said, "Oh, the baby is moving a lot" so I put my hand on her belly for the umpteenth time to wait impatiently to feel my child moving around. I haven't had very good luck with this and it has started to get a little frustrating but I hadn't given up hope.
I got my face right down next to Diana's belly and started talking to the Peanut. Things like "Hey! Can you hear me?" and "Are you in there?" We waited and waited and finally Diana started saying, "Peanut, move around for us" and just like that I felt a pressure on my hand. It was quick and Diana immediately started laughing at the look on my face because apparently I was surprised. And I was. I knew this would happen one day but I guess I wasn't prepared to feel something press back from inside my wife.
We spent a good 10 more minutes trying to recreate the event but things didn't work as well. I did see a slight push one more time that made a bulge in Diana's belly but it wasn't much. Either way it was incredible.
Your Father to Be,
Trinity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so glad Peanut finally gave you a high five!!
I used to put my hand on Jessica's stomach and say, "This is your daddy speaking," in a voice that for some reason always ended up sounding like I was Indian.
You should try it, Trin. Just put your hand on Diana's stomach and say, "This is your daddy speaking," in a British accent. From you, for some reason, it will come out sounding like your Indian.
Also, congrats on feeling peanut move!
Thomas - That made me laugh so hard! I was just thinking about the British/Indian thing as I read your comment.
I did speak in a very deep voice and kind of yelled a little bit. It didn't seem to make a difference.
Did you perhaps yell, "MATCHBOX 20?"
Post a Comment