Sunday, July 11, 2010

Uno, Dos, Tres

Well, we've made it to the third and final trimester! How time flies when you're having fun. We have been so very blessed with a smooth, easy pregnancy. I honestly cannot believe how much I've enjoyed being pregnant...crazy, I know.

Peanut is definitely a very active baby. I often get very distracted with his/her movements. And my stomach is often twitching and shaking as Peanut does somersaults and stretches! I shouldn't be that surprised though...if this baby is anything like the parents, Peanut will not be able to sit still for one second!

Here is the most recent photo of me and Peanut. I was terrible at taking belly pictures for the last few months. I hope I don't regret the lack of growing belly pics, but I just didn't think about taking them during the second trimester. And boy have I grown since April! Thankfully it's all been to the belly! My weight gain is right where it should be at about 1 pound per week in the second trimester. It is really hard to imagine what it will feel like with an addition 12 weeks of growth, but I'm up for the challenge!

We have quite a busy schedule for the next month. We're touring three local daycares on July 13th. I'm a little anxious about doing this, and I'm not sure why. Then our next doctor's appointment is July 20th, at which time we start going every two weeks as opposed to every month. In August it's time for baby showers in Dallas and Midland (thank you to my wonderful friends who are planning them)! The weekend of the Midland shower is the last weekend I'm allowed to travel, so the rest of August and September will be spent impatiently awaiting Peanut's arrival.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Diana, you look great. I hope you really enjoy these last few weeks. It's such a fun and exciting time. Bring on the waddle!

Diana said...

Thanks, LeAnn! I've started to notice that my walking pace has slowed considerably. I had to tell Trinity to slow down two times yesterday when we were talking at the mall and at Home Depot!