Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Work in Process

The nursery is finally coming together! Two weekends ago Uncle Steven and Aunt Megan helped us pick-up the nursery furniture! They were such a huge help, and Megan and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Steven and Trinity struggle to get the large boxes of furniture up our narrow stairway.


They helped us get all the furniture out of the boxes, and then Trinity set-up the dresser and hutch and crib the next afternoon. Unfortunately, the holes that were pre-drilled to attach the hutch to the dresser were not in the right place, so Trinity had to drill new holes. Thankfully he is very handy with his drill, and it didn't take any time at all to remedy.
Once the furniture was unwrapped and in it's place, Trinity and I just couldn't let it sit there. So...we bought the baby bedding! It was on 20% off online plus free shipping, so we had it delivered to the house. It arrived while I was at Clearwater Beach on vacation, so Trinity washed everything and set it up to surprise me when I got home. So sweet! Too bad it was VERY wrinkled! I still appreciate the gesture though!!!
This evening I ironed everything: bedspread, bedskirt, diaperholder, and two valences. The only think I refused to even try were the bumpers. I think I have now ironed more for the baby's room than I hav ironed for Trinity and myself our whole marriage! I'm definitely not very good at it, but everything looks so much better now that it's almost wrinkle-free.
Our next step is to hang the valences, which Trinity plans to do later this week, and pick out some wall decorations. We have some ideas floating around, but it's a matter of finding exactly what we're looking for. And of course I have several showers coming up, so I'm sure we'll be receiving more of the items we registered for in the next month. I'll definitely post more pictures once the nursery is complete!

5 comments:

Jen and Mike said...

The nursery is coming along. I can't wait to see it.

Addy's Daddy said...

I bet he is "handy with his drill"....

The Reynolds said...

The bedding is so cute! I love it!

LeAnn said...

So cute! I cannot wait to see the nursery with everything in place.
I wish they's stop selling the bumpers. They are really cute, but they are such a waste since you take them out when the baby starts sleeping in the crib. I'd rather spend that money on adorable baby clothes!

Erin said...

It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!