Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eight Months

Along with starting to make the move towards crawling, Grace is continuing to grow every day!

Our girl loves, loves, loves to eat! We usually don't have any struggles with getting her to try new flavors of baby food, and we've started introducing the combination flavors as well. We also started giving her pinwheels and other corn-based solid foods to learn to self-feed. She actually threw a little fit last night when I put them up!

Grace now notices different textures. I've taken her in my closet a few times to let her run her hands through my clothes, and she loves it! She also enjoys the books that have different textures. Mimi bought her one for Easter that she really enjoyed while we were in Midland.

Grace and I went outside last Saturday to sit under the shade of our tree in the front yard, and she kept rubbing her legs and feet along the grass and making a funny face. She wasn't sure what to think about it, but I guess she finally decided it was ok because she eventually stopped and enjoyed letting the breeze hit her face.

Gracie also started feeling her own hair the other day! It's finally starting to grow around the sides and back of her head. As she was nursing yesterday morning, she reached back and started stroking the back of her head and grabbing at her hairs with her fingers. It was too cute! I wonder if she will be a hair-twirler like her mother?

Her favorite toys these days seem to be anything that make music or noise. Gracie can stand up at her music table and play with the different switches and buttons. She likes the violin and banjo buttons best! She invented a new game last weekend where she'll stand at her music table and then let go so that Trinity or I has to catch her. She thought it was just hilarious! Of course it makes me a little nervous for the first time she does it when we are not there, but I guess she'll learn the hard way...hopefully without a major bump to the head.

This weekend we're taking our first true vacation with Grace. We're going to Fredericksburg for a four day weekend. We are super excited about relaxing with friends and enjoying a little bit of German culture! We'll post pictures and stories when we get back.

No comments: