Over the past few months, I've done a lot of web surfing to get some creative ideas for the party. I originally planned to make Gracie a birthday dress, but when she wasn't walking a week before the party, I decided to sew her some pants and add a "1" out of the same fabric on a white onesie instead (of course she decided to start walking three days before the party). Since I didn't make the dress, I had plenty of leftover fabric, which I turned into a birthday banner for her birthday seat!
On Thursday night, I made lemon cakeballs and dipped them in almond bark before sprinkling them with orange and yellow sprinkles. Trinity and I had a few issues keeping them all intact, but we eventually figured out how to arrange them in a little yellow pail I'd bought for the party. They turned out to be a huge hit!
Erin, Megan, Jess, and Mimi made the rest of my ideas come to life! They were a huge help in setting up on Saturday morning. Erin did a fantastic job on the cupcakes... I definitely couldn't have done it better myself. And she even came up with Gracie's special birthday cupcake design!
We had a great turnout for the party! The kids had a great time playing together. We designated the formal dining room as the kids playing room and let them go to town! Since we still don't have dining room furniture, it is the perfect place to spread out all of Grace's toys. A few didn't make it into the kiddo picture, but as you can tell, we had a good variety of ages!
Grace was a little unsure about eating her cupcake at first. I'm not sure if singing "Happy Birthday" confused her, or if she didn't like the texture of the icing, but she eventually ate every single bite of her cupcake!
1 comment:
It was such a great day of celebrating sweet Gracie!! I have to give Trinity props for his cupcake and plate lettering skills, of course. =) Can't wait to see what the next year brings!
Post a Comment