After a year of hoping to make it out to Canton for First Monday Trade Days, we finally had an open weekend to go this Saturday. I planned our outing, which included a picnic lunch and shopping in Canton all afternoon, with a stop by SantaLand to finish off the evening.
We headed to Canton right after Grace's gym class and arrived at lunch time for our picnic in the back of the minivan. It's the perfect size for us to spread out and eat together! Grace loved it!
Shortly after we finished our lunch, Jen arrived to shop with us for four hours. I think it is safe to say to say that we were all shocked by the size of the trade days. It seemed that the buildings went on and on without end. Trinity and I found a few Christmas gifts but left with more purchases for ourselves than anyone else. We got some really cute wooden Christmas decorations for the front yard, which we need to get up this afternoon, along with our Christmas lights.
But the best part of the day was definitely the lights at SantaLand. I'd heard about SantaLand last year, but we weren't able to make it out that way, as it's 2 hours from our house and I didn't think Grace was old enough to enjoy it at the time. They have over 2 million lights on display, and it didn't disappoint... even with the wait in a long line of cars for over an hour! Gracie loved seeing all the lights and decorations, and she was not happy when we got to the end of the trail and we headed home. This might not be a yearly Christmas tradition for the Vaughn family, but we'll definitely try it out every few years. I may have to pull Trinity's leg to do so, but Gracie loved it so much that I am sure we can talk him into it again in a few years or when friends are in town.
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago
1 comment:
I had a blast shopping. We will definitely have to go to Santaland with you guys next time. It looks amazing.
Post a Comment