Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 4

Today I am so very thankful to have electricity.

This morning, Trinity woke me up to tell me we didn't have power. We immediately called the power company, who already had a recorded message that they were working on the outage and hoped to have power restored to the area by 10am. My first thought was, "How are we going to get ready for church if the power doesn't come back on for two more hours?"

And then I felt foolish... I have seen several friends from the northeast coast post on Facebook about their power outages. And they have been without power for days. The least I could do was take a quick cold shower, pull my wet hair back and get my family to church!

Within ten minutes, our power was restored, and I enjoyed a hot shower and dried my hair with my blow dryer.

So thank you, Lord, for the not-so-shuttle reminder that we are blessed with power.

No comments: