Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 6

Today I am thankful for the right to vote. I actually voted on Monday morning, so I am also thankful that Texas has early voting! :)

This morning I promised myself that no matter which party wins the election tonight, I will be thankful to live in a country where everyone has a say on our elected officers. We are so blessed to have such an important right, and I wish more people took it seriously. Too many men and women have fought and died for this right.

I hope that regardless of the outcome tonight, that citizens of the USA will rally in support of our next leader and pray that he makes good decisions as he guides our nation.

I'm settling in for a long evening... There is no way I will be able to sleep before results are official!

No comments: