I can't say that I've ever failed at anything before. I might not always have earned first place or received an A on every assignment, but when I look back on my life nothing pops up as an utter failure. And maybe this isn't a failure either, but it sure feels like one. I've been assured by everyone that my hard work is noticed and appreciated, and that the decision, in no way, means that I haven't exceeded expectations... because I have.
It's very hard to believe this feedback, and it's even harder to continue to perform above expectations. But I'm trying...
I didn't expect to find myself in this position jut 1.5 years after leaving public accounting. I can't say I regret leaving or accepting the position that I did. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably take the job all over again. I've learned a lot in the last two years, and my work/life balance has been worth the loss of my previous manager title.
It's been a long, hard month for me. I've been trying to keep a good attitude and work hard, while also seeing what opportunities are out in the marketplace. My attitude was at an all-time low this week, and then this quote showed up on my daily calendar.
It was just what I needed. It reminded me that this one set-back should not keep me down. And I have so many things to be thankful for... wonderful family and friends; a home; food in the pantry; a car; and, although not the one I hoped for, a job.

1 comment:
That's a tough one!! And way to focus on the positive things - that's the only way to get through the day to day. I think you exceed all expectations. =)
Post a Comment