Monday, June 11, 2012

Junk

I think it's time for a spring cleaning. Funny how I hated that term when I was young... the dreaded spring cleaning, which meant we had to go through every room and closet in the house to rid ourselves of all the junk we'd accumulated over the last year. The only part I liked was organizing once the cleaning part was finished.
Years later, I find myself wanting to go through all our stuff to find the junk. But when I find it, it is still so hard to get rid of. I tell myself, "I'll wear that again" or "well, I do use that when I (insert action here)". But I really don't. And so it sits in  my closet or the kitchen cabinet or the garage for yet another year... and another... and another.
 
So this year, I really am going to clean out my closet, our bathroom cabinets, and the guest bedroom. And some of the stuff is going to have to go! And just to hold myself to this, I went ahead and cleaned out my lower bathroom cabinet. There was more junk than stuff I actually use.

I already feel better...




No comments: