Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ingredients

32 pounds of love, a handful of stubbornness, and a pinch of sass. A little bit of me and a lot of Trinity. Mix it all together, and what have you got?

GRACIE!

It's hard to believe that she'll be two in four months, but then I look at how much she has grown in the last year and it doesn't seem so unbelievable! Saying her ABCs, counting to ten and singing several nursery rhythms are Grace's newest accomplishments.

At daycare, they have begun to transition her to the preschool class because they can tell she is getting restless in her toddler class. I'm not sure if that is where her interest in the potty began, but she is asking to sit on the potty almost every day. So far she hasn't figured out what she's supposed to do on the potty, but we keep encouraging her and letting her sit on it whenever she wants.

We can tell the toddler years are upon on us when she doesn't get her way. Thankfully her tantrums are short lived, as we walk away and ignore them.

Gracie still loves to eat, and her humming during mealtime has returned. We usually ask her if she likes dinner, and she usually responds with a resounding, "Yeah!" The other night, we made something for the first time, and she looked at me and said, "Momma, I like it!" before we could even ask her! Trinity and I just giggled.

We are constantly impressed by her ability to speak in sentences. I lost track of her words list months ago, and she continually surprises me with her pronunciation and memory of words. There are still times that we have no idea what she is saying, but those situations are becoming less frequent.

It has definitely been a joy to see Grace grow these last few months! She is at a fun age, but I dread the day I realize she is a big girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet! I miss her!