Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fear

I fear our little girl is growing up too fast! Two weeks ago, she moved to the 2 year-old class early because she was getting bored in her class. I think that was her teacher's way of telling us she was causing trouble! She is much more verbal than the other kids in her class and has probably been demanding a lot of attention. We are excited about the move, especially since it meant potty-training could begin.

Her new teacher suggested going straight to panties, so we took a pile of panties and extra clothes! The first day, Grace had five accidents, but we are down to one a day now. And this weekend she has been great with no accidents! We put her Ina pull-up if we are going to be out for a while, but she was dry after both of our outings today! We are so proud of her!

Grace is also speaking in complete sentences now, and her annunciation is good enough that we can understand most of them! She is a chatterbox like her mommy, and we just love listening to her vocabulary grow. We are working on counting to twenty... She can get to eleven but then skips to fifteen.

Grace is still really good at independent play. She sometimes likes us to sit next to her and join in, but she can generally keep herself occupied when we are relaxing around the house. I love seeing her imagination grow as she plays with her babies or talks on her pretend phone. The other morning she woke up earlier than normal, and after a few minutes of playing in our bathroom while I got ready, she wandered into her room. I found her playing tea set on her bedroom floor fifteen minutes later. So cute!

No comments: