This morning I ran in the Addison Oktoberfest 5K. My goal was a little lofty at under a 10 minute mile pace, seeing as how I haven't run in several weeks. But races always bring out the best in me. I think it is my competitive spirit! Plus, running is partially a mind game, so it helps when I am not running alone.
The first mile seemed easy, other than the first big hill, but I was still surprised when I looked down at my watch to see only 9 minutes has passed since I crossed the start line. Mile two wasn't too bad since the first half was downhill, an I clocked just over a 9 minute mile. But mile three was rough. The beginning was running back up hill, which took a lot out of me. But I wouldn't let myself stop and picked a girl in front of me to try to keep pace with.
When I turned the last corner, I saw the clock was at 27 minutes and knew I needed to pick up the pace a tiny bit. It took everything I had to run a little bit faster, but it paid off! I met my goal and beat my best previous time of 30:40 with a 28:35!
Maybe my next goal needs to be an 8 minute pace. I better get to running!
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment