Friday, September 21, 2012

Recipe

I am by no means a good cook or baker. In fact, sometimes it is hard for me to follow the simplest of recipes.

Two weekends ago, we went to Jen and Mike's house for a cookout and football watching. I was in charge of a side dish and dessert. At first I was at a loss for side dishes, but then I remembered that I had cut out a corn salad recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.

I have to say it was a huge success (maybe because there was no cooking required?!?). It was easy and tasted delicious! A definite win!

Maybe I should be a raw chef. Too bad I don't like sushi.

The dessert was an easy decision... My standard brownie box mix! And Grace was a huge fan of the brownie baking, especially when I let her lick the spoon!


If you look closely, you can see the magazine page with the corn salad recipe on the cookbook stand in the picture!

No comments: