So, among other things, my running has taken the back-burner. I haven't run 3 miles since late July, and I have probably only run 4-6 miles collectively in the last month. I really need to run a few times this week so that the Oktoberfest 5K that I am running this Saturday isn't too much of a challenge. Yikes! But I think the run will be fun, and it's for a great cause.
We have attended Oktoberfest in Addison for the last four or five years. I'll never forget the first year, when Mike entered the yodeling contest (he didn't win, in case you were wondering), or 2010 when I was 9 months pregnant and obviously very sober (I promise it was still a little fun).
If anyone else is up for the challenge of the 5K OR eating/drinking your weight in German food and beer, let me know! I'll be at the race and then back later in the afternoon with Trinity and Gracie!

3 comments:
Oh I was hoping you would say that you were running the Oktoberfest
5K at White Rock on Sunday. Good luck Saturday morning!
Oh, the yodeling... I still remember him deciding he was going to participate. I wonder what contest my husband will enter this time around. Do you remember when Trinity entered the belly contest? We will be joining you guys. Let us know what time you are planning to go.
OMG, how could I forget Trinity in the beer belly contest! I honestly can't believe I forgot about that!!! Too funny... our husbands are so silly.
Post a Comment